Monday, March 26, 2007

Dear Capezio,

Our love affair is over!

My dance sneakers gave in this weekend, and I had no alternatives. So, a brief list of what I learned this weekend:

1) Bring more shoes. Always bring more shoes. You think two pair will be enough, but clearly you are a fool.

2) My feet have such nice, smooth callouses that I can dance for two hours in socks with my heels 4 inches off the floor and my feet don't hurt.

3) Take THAT, Capezio! Hanes is totally putting you out of business!

4) I wish desperately for beautiful shoes that enable me to alternate leading and following without making me look like The Bride of Clunkentoes or, alternately, the little-known and often maligned Kevin Costner love interest Stands-With-Two-Pairs.


2 comments:

miss tango said...

Try the ballet-jazz slippers. It´s what they wear down here. Inexpensive, functional and you will build and use your own muscle strength.

La Planchadora said...

Those are the ones I had - I guess I've been wearing them out, because they split on the seam at the toe and the instep. At least I know my technique is good. Score! ;)